Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meet the Teacher

The teacher/owner of  thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com is hosting a "meet the teacher" party, so I must do my part :) 


First a little bit about me...
I have been teaching for 3+ years now.  I LOVE every minute of it!  I have been blessed with my pride and joy Tanner who is now 3!  I can't believe how quickly time has flown by!
 


I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 7 years old and have now "tamed the beast" for 24 years.  I participate at a diabetes camp called "Camp Hertko Hollow" every summer.  I am fun, a bit crazy at times, and try to make learning fun!  I lose things quite easily but at great at those "Where's Waldo" books, so in the end it evens out.  I was fortunate enough to marry my best friend.  He would be the one milking Nellie :) .





Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:  I would probably become a writer. 

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Reading, writing, playing with my kiddo, crafting (anything and everything artsy), spending time with my family.

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A: I wanted to be a pediactric diabetes educator (kind of a teacher for kids with diabetes).  I had a GREAT PCDE when I was growing up and she made me want to be like her and do what she did. 
   
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                  
 A: Diet Pepsi (I should be a spokes person for it :) ), cinnamon bears, cuddle time reading books, and Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, fun colored pens and smelly markers, journals, and stickers.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                       
 A: Losing those I love.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                   
 A: My vacations are usually spent at Camp Hertko Hollow, in Boone, Iowa at the YMCA Camp there.  Otherwise I am a homebody. 
                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  "You must take care of your self and be comfortable in your skin for others to take comfort in you." 

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:   Drive and determination.  Also sense of humor. 

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A:  Passion, for everything I do.   

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                               
A:  My Grandma Shirley, there is just SO many things I want to share with her that I can't. 

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:

I could possibly be on the TLC show "Hoarders Buried Alive"  I can't seem to throw ANYTHING away and I will take anything that people want to give up....You know I might be able to use it for SOMETHING.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment